Know the symptoms of PAD and ask your doctor to check them.
- Pain – Pain or fatigue in the legs is the most common symptom of PAD. It can affect the hips, thighs or calves. It may happen after walking and disappear after a few minutes rest.
- Cold and numb feet and toes
- Slow-healing sores
- Foot pain when you are at rest
- Discoloration of the feet and ankles
African Americans and people over 50 have increased risk of PAD. You can't control your age or race, but you can control these risk factors:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Sedentary lifestyle
Doctors at The University of Kansas Hospital use the most current techniques to guide treatment of vascular disease. Review the treatment options.