Adult Behavioral Health
Strawberry Hill Campus
Adult mental and behavioral health services are offered at Strawberry Hill Campus. Our team provides patient-oriented, multidisciplinary care and specialized treatments. The state-of-the-art facility features:
- 47 private rooms with a full-size bathroom and music system
- An indoor recreation area that can be used for exercise, movie nights or yoga
- A spacious outdoor recreation space
- Dedicated technology time to manage personal affairs, such as paying bills and checking emails
- In-room dining and healthy meal choices
- New exercise equipment
- Quiet rooms on each until that can be used for reading or introspection
Patients also receive daily access to all clinical programs, services and activities, as well as on-site access to internal medicine and other specialists from The University of Kansas Health System.
We offer a variety of treatment options at Strawberry Hill, including:
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), a medical treatment for severe depression or bipolar disorder that involves passing small electric currents through the brain to change brain chemistry.
- Esketamine treatment, which involves administering a nasal spray for treatment-resistant depression. We are the first hospital in Kansas to offer this treatment.
- Comprehensive addiction treatment for opioid use disorder, which includes the use of effective medications, such as methadone, suboxone, vivitrol and once-monthly Sublocade.
- Specialty care for treatment-resistant depression, which includes transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). This treatment uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain.
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS), a treatment that involves using a device to stimulate the vagnus nerve by delivering electrical impulses.
Our addiction services also include group therapy, substance abuse counseling and psychiatric care, including psychotherapy. A board-certified addiction medicine specialist will work with you to assess your needs and identify the treatment options that are right for you.