Your first visit — what to expect
Your first appointment with our team of compassionate specialists begins with a thorough exam and background discussion. We’ll ask you questions about any pain or discomfort you are experiencing, and find out more about your personal goals for treatment — more strength or increased endurance for example.
After your exam, you’ll receive a treatment plan and a complete explanation of your journey to greater mobility and independence.
To ensure your visit goes smoothly:
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to complete paperwork.
- Please bring any outside records related to the reason for your visit.
- Bring a disc of x-rays or MRIs that pertain to your visit if they were not done within The University of Kansas Health System.
- Have a list of current medications you are taking that includes names, dosage and frequency of use.
- Have a current ID and insurance card with you.
We look forward to working with you along the road to recovery and a better quality of life.
Participants needed for a knee pain study.
Call Neil Segal, MD, at 913-574-0961 or email to learn more.
At The University of Kansas Health System, your health, recovery and well-being are our primary goals. To make your experience with us as easy as possible, we have provided you with important information to help you prepare for your first rehabilitation appointment in Kansas City or Overland Park.
Our rehabilitation specialists work with you to ensure a complete recovery. For additional information about locations and conditions treated, visit our locations page.