How we help
Infield Care Center
- Members of our highly trained healthcare team operate a fully staffed Infield Care Center for drivers, Kansas Speedway employees and spectators.
- The infield center includes 6 medical beds and 2 trauma beds.
- In trauma situations, medical staff members are able to evacuate injured drivers and transport them to the health system, which is 8 miles away.
- The health system is home to the region's only nationally verified Level I Trauma Center and burn center.
- The health system staffs 2 first-aid stations, which are located in the grandstands, for spectators suffering from heat-related problems and other minor conditions.
- Hundreds of spectators and staff seek medical attention each race weekend.
Nursing and medical staff
Our emergency department nurse manager coordinates Speedway medical services, which include more than 40 healthcare workers during a typical three-day event.
Our relationship with the health system is phenomenal. They're part of our team. – Pat WarrenPresident, Kansas Speedway