Oftentimes, recovering patients find they no longer need hospitalization, but are not quite able to return to independent life at home.
Before returning home after an illness or procedure, you should be able to:
- Use a walker, crutches or wheelchair
- Move among bedroom, kitchen and bathroom
- Get into and out of your bed or chair
- Climb stairs, if necessary
If you’re not able to accomplish these, skilled nursing can help you improve your strength and ability to perform these tasks on your own.
You may also require skilled nursing services if you:
- Are taking complex medications
- Have surgical wounds that need care
- Have an uncontrolled medical condition, like diabetes
- Need more assistance than is available at home
In our skilled nursing facility, we provide every comfort and convenience to ensure patients can focus on getting well. Services and amenities include:
- Private patient rooms with 50-inch TVs
- In-room tablet devices to request room service, housekeeping or spa appointments
- Expert nurses providing high-quality, compassionate care
- Advanced technology to monitor heart rate, respiratory rate and oxygen saturation and prevent falls and wounds
- Seamless connection to pharmacy services for ready access to medications and prescription refills while in rehab and to take home
Patients and their families will take confidence in receiving expert care designed by internal medicine specialist Jessica Kalendar-Rich, MD, medical director of skilled nursing care.
We are committed to providing exceptional skilled nursing services. Our partnership with Ignite makes this possible. We share a goal to deliver the best for every patient working toward returning home.